- This event has passed.
Easter Camp – 5 Steps of Taiji 30.3.-2.4.2018
March 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - April 2, 2018 @ 3:00 pm
Master Lü Baochun’s sixth Easter Camp follows the 5 steps of Taiji-program and the theme proceeds every year: Posture – Movement – Energy – Mind – Shen. The 4 day easter camp is the event of the year for devoted Taiji practitioners and also a yearly stepping stone to a whole new level in personal Taiji-deveploment. Most participants have been attending the camp year after year. This year the advanced students will continue exploring deeper into the Mind-theme and learning how to control energy movement with mind. To participate in this course you need to have experience of the first 3 steps of Taiji. Teaching in english.
This year the second group will be continuing to the second step: Movement. Teacher of the Movement-course will be Joona Sillanpää, who is one of the closest students of master Lü Baochun. After finding the correct Taiji-posture, you must be able to move keeping this posture and structure throughout the form. Without correct movement you will loose your posture, structure and connection and will not be able to proceed to the internal Taiji-training. This course is intended for everyone, from beginner to advanced. Teaching in finnish/english.
During the camp we are training the principles of Taiji that are always the same and unchanging, no matter of the style or tradition. This camp is not about learning the form or correcting it, but it is about the essence of your Taiji-training. In the classes we will use 2 first parts of the traditional Yang style-form, 2 parts of Chen style Yi Lu-form and Qigong for training. It is not essential to know these forms, and you if you like you can also use your own form in training. The camp is open for everyone, no matter the level, style or tradition. The theme of the camp is proceeding each year, and next year the Movement-group will be ready to step to the internal side of Taiji and master Lü Baochun will take the group to step 3, energy.
5 STEPS OF TAIJI
1. POSTURE is the key to step inside of taiji. You can never emphasize the importance of posture too much, this is the foundation that all is built on. With correct posture you will find the necessary external structure and right alignment to reach balance and connection in your body. All joints are in natural position, relaxed and open.
2. MOVEMENT. When you have reached correct posture and structure you can start to move, keeping this structure and connection at all times in training. With correct movement you will connect your postures in the form, harmonize the movement and keep external connection in the body throughout the form.
3. ENERGY, BREATHING, QI. It is time to follow your breath while doing the form. The breathing will start the movement and end it. You are not changing the breath, but just following it, naturally. When you have relaxed enough, Qi will appear and start moving in the body with breathing. The movement of energy will move your body. You have stepped to the internal side of taiji. Your internal movement will be expressed as external movement.
4. MIND, YI. The first 3 steps have tamed your monkey mind and in your practice you have experienced already deepening feeling of solitude and inner peace. Now it’s time to “grasp” the Qi and start to move it with your mind. Your mind will lead the energy and the movement of energy will be expressed as external movement.
5. SHEN, SPIRIT. This is a level that not many have achieved. It cannot be described in words and therefore cannot be studied in theory. When the first 4 steps are ready, shen will emerge.
The 5 steps of Taiji are a continuum. You cannot master step 2 without mastering step 1 to a certain level. Each of the steps will keep developing through years of practice, and throughout your lifetime. It is not a mistake to go a step down and return to basics, we all have to do that at some point during our Taiji-journey. Nobody has absolute or perfect posture nor movement, but with correct training and guidance, we are all getting closer to it.
Master Lü Baochun is a living legend of traditional chinese martial arts, who has trained martial arts his whole life and Taiji over 30 years. Master Lü´s fluent english and knowledge of the internal power, meditative side and the fighting ability of Taiji will guarantee the participants a huge leap forward in their own practise. Master Lü emphasizes the importance of questions from students and will give personal assistance to all participants. Joona Sillanpää has studied and trained Taiji over 15 years as a student of master Lü. Joona is also teaching Taiji at Baji Association’s Taiji-courses. Joona is training Qigong, Yang and Chen style Taiji and has achieved a high level of knowledge of the external and internal principles of Taiji. Also the use of internal power is Joona’s specialty, e.g. in push hands.
“Master Lü Baochun’s way of doing Taiji”, filmed in Easter Camp 2015
Timetable can be found in the end of this text. We will start the mornings with 1h Qigong exercise, that will be taught by master Lü. Taiji-lessons will be held in the same hall, in 2 groups, Movement/Mind. Master Lü will regularly visit the Movement-group and give personal assistance to the students. There is a 2.5h review class (5 steps of Taiji) on sunday taught by master Lü. Personal questions about training and philosophy can be asked in the class. If the weather is fine, we will also train outside. Sunday night there is sauna and evening party by the lake.
The price includes 25h of training, accommodation, meals (3 x breakfast, 4 x lunch, 3 x dinner, 3 x evening snack), sauna and Easter Camp-t-shirt.
Price of the camp:
Mind-group 553e in double room, 643e in single room, Movement-group 483e double room, 573e single room. It is also possible to attend without accomodation, price: Mind 440e, Movement 370e (including friday dinner, sat breakfast lunch dinner, sun breakfast lunch dinner). The camp is held at Kisakallio, Lohja. www.kisakallio.fi
Carpools can be arranged from Helsinki, harbours and airport. If you are travelling from abroad, we can help you with accommodations and transportations and other info.
Registration by 13.3.2018 to the e-form. Additional information heikki.poussa (ät) @gmail.com.
Payment must be done 13.3.2018.
Bank information: Baji ry, IBAN: FI7831313002425577, BIC: HANDFIHH, Message: Easter camp, Mind/Posture, single-/doubleroom/no accommodat
P.s. Kisakallio is organizing same time “family easter-event” that has sports and games for adults and kids.
21:00-22:00 Evening snack
21:00-22:00 Evening snack
15:00-17:30 Training – review, 1 group
20:30- sauna and evening party, evening snack served at the sauna
08:00-09:00 Qigong (free training)
09:00-11:00 Breakfast and check-out
15:00- Easter camp ends